With the release of Written Life behind me, I have begun to focus on promotion and appearances. Things are crazy busy from that standpoint and I'm not sure I'll ever get back to actually just writing again. Again, the need to promote books is a good problem to have, so I'm not complaining. One thing at a time seems to be the norm lately.
I wanted to run down a bit of what is coming/happening in the next month or so just so nobody misses anything. Bear with me for this post and I promise I'll get back to blogging about other things starting Sunday.
|Torrid Literature Journal XIV|
- Written Life Release Party: This will be held Saturday, April 11th, from 2:30 - 4:00 at Cafe De Arts in downtown Waukesha. Cafe De Arts is a coffee roastery that serves the finest Java around! The plan is to have a short reading, discussion/Q&A, followed by a book signing. There will be coffee and bakery available for sale during the event. Let's pack the place!
- Torrid Literature Poem: My poem Written Life, was featured in Torrid Literature Journal's Volume XIV, titled Chaos. You can purchase it here on Amazon.
- Woodland Pattern Poetry Feature: On April 14th, three of my poems will be featured on the Woodland Pattern Bookstore Blog as part of National Poetry Month. The three poems are NOT featured in Written Life, so you'll want to check it out on that date.
- New Berlin Library Poetry Reading/Open Mic: The details are still being fleshed out, but if all goes as planned, the New Berlin Library will be hosting an open mic poetry reading in recognition of National Poetry Month. Details are sketchy, but it should happen toward the end of April. Stay tuned...
- Minnesota Brown Dirty Shirt Review: Aaron Brown is a public speaker and writer from the Iron Range area of Northern Minnesota. He has offered to do a book review of Dirty Shirt. It should be coming right after Easter on his Website.
- We Wanted To Be Writers Feature: Again, details are still being worked out, but there is talk of featuring one of my poems and a short blurb about Written Life on the We Wanted to be Writers website. Again, for NaPoMo.
- Racine Public Library Meet the Author Event: On April 29th I will be presenting at the Racine Public Library on Dirty Shirt and Written Life. Reading/Video/Slides/Discussion followed by a book signing.
- Blog Radio Interview on La Literati: On May 26th at 5:30 This will be a radio interview on a literary talk radio show. I found out about it through a fellow eLectio Author. A great chance to plug my new book and talk a little about Dirty Shirt as well.
- West Bend Library: Details are being worked out for a Spring appearance here to talk about Dirty Shirt.
- OshKosh Library: Same goes for the OshKosh Library however, they are trying to coordinate it so I can get a cable TV interview in during the same trip. This one's a long shot, but I can hope.
So, as you can see, I've been busy as my own publicist. It's paying off big time, but is a full time job - that comes immediately after I get home from...my other full time job.
As I said though, it's all good. I am incredibly privileged and blessed to be in the position I'm in. Again, I thank you all for all you've done to support me with your words of encouragement. I appreciate each and every one of you.