Today's Pandemic Top Ten Quotes
10 Quotes from the land of COVID-19 in late February
1. "Why am I so tired tonight?"
2. "I'm doing laundry, do you need your masks washed?"
3. "You know how I was going to try and stop drinking during the week? Yeah, no."
4. "I went to the coffee shop today and there was a group of women holding an unmasked book study. Maniacs!"
5. "It might be a frozen pizza night!" (Sometimes twice a week.)
6. "You should put your pajamas on and be done with it." (Quoting my wife at 5:30 PM)
7. If I have to sit through another Zoom meeting, I'm going to scream.""
8. "Your mic is muted!"
9. "How can you be 11 months into a pandemic and claim you don't have a web cam. C'mon, man!"
10. "I'm going to share my screen now. Hopefully this will work okay." (It always does. This is not a new technology. C'mon, man!)
The list goes on and on. I'd like to say we've turned the corner and that if you'll all just hang in there for another 6 months we'll be in the clear. Of course if I do that the virus will say, "Hold my beer," so I will refrain.
But just remember that we're all in this together (cliche', but true) so just keep doing the right thing and wearing a mask, regardless of whether you've been vaccinated or not. We'll get there, eventually.