- A meticulous lawn (not that I ever got there anyway)
- Worrying if I went over 3000 mi. between oil changes
- Nicks in the paint of previously mentioned vehicle(s).
- Sweating the forecast.
- That my eyebrows have decided to take their own path.
What matters more at 47 (2 years later):
- Spending time with friends and family
- Sending sympathy cards to grieving people
- Volunteering for church and community events
- Hugging kids who won't want to hug much in a couple years
- Enjoying the moment, and every day that isn't -10 below
Finishing up, a week from today starts my writing workshop. I'm still psyched! I've picked out a few pieces of work compiled previously that are rough, to put it nicely. I plan to roll them into the BWCA paper I started a few years ago. Not really a full biography, but kind of a memoir of the BWCA trips my brothers and I took.
I'm not sure what to do with it once it's done, but feel that it needs to come out of me, so this seems like a good outlet. I may share it with the brothers eventually, but am not sure. It's one of those things that I guess artists struggle with, (not that I claim to be one) is art for art's sake. I do it because I enjoy it and it makes me more complete I guess, for lack of a better description.
Well, it has been a blast. I can't wait till Sat/Sun to write again, so check back then because now I'm...