- Kiss my wife and kids before I leave for work every day AND when I return.
- Appreciate every morning regardless of the weather. This is a gift from God, use it!
- Take that class I've been meaning to take but put off for so long.
- Forgo the cursed TV for ANYTHING else. What an unholy waste of time.
- Write the words of praise to someone that I wouldn't have the courage to say to them.
- Thank God for EVERYTHING, big and small.
- Travel as far and as often as I can.
- Listen to music. It takes me back to my youth, helps me soar, mellows me when I need mellowing, inspires me, makes me dance badly when nobody's looking, puts life in perspective, reassures me that what once was is no more, but is not lost.
- Pet my dog. Kiss my Cats on the top of their head.
- Live in the moment, or even the minute.
- Save gas, ride my bike or walk to work, buy CFL bulbs, save water, recycle, pick up trash, love the planet that God made.
- Do not buy crap I don't need. Simplify and declutter.
- Reconnect with old friends using Facebook, e-mail or whatever means necessary
- Work hard, play hard, rest, repeat.
I am pledging to do these because these years called my forties have put a sense of urgency to my spirit. I can't explain it, but it's most definitely on my mind.
Enough introspection. It makes me think too hard.
We are coming up on our 19th anniversary on Tuesday 6/19. It was such a great day in my life. Probably the greatest. Definitely the greatest. Who can take a single day in their life and say it is when the indescribable richness began? The day that shaped my life more than any other. It really deserves its own post entirely, so perhaps I'll leave it for another day.
Today was the last day of school for the kids today. I remember that feeling. FREE! A whole summer of running with robbers, thieves, pirates and sports legends. The whole neighborhood was our playground back then. Not much was off limits. This is another subject that deserves its own post, so I'll stop for now because I'm...