- I average 14 MPH, so I figure the total number of hours in the saddle is 71.4
- I killed 1 chipmunk
- I had two bee incidents, one with a sting
- I saw 3 deer in two encounters
- I saw a mink and several cranes
- One fly in the mouth (Ptew)
- I did not get one flat tire
- I only got rained on 3 times, one of them hard
- Almost all miles were logged on the Glacial Drumlin Trail or on my work commute
So, it is done. It got to be a bit of a grind by Late Aug.; more mechanical in some ways, than enjoyable. But it again proved that I can do anything I put my mind to which is due in part to my self discipline, and part due to my obsessiveness. Thanks Mom!
My question now is what do I do for a follow-up next year? I'm thinking of sky diving or starting my quest to hike the entire length of the Ice Age trail. (1000+ miles). If this stupid mid-life thing would leave me alone, I wouldn't have to do anything. :-)
Stay tuned for the next Non-Celebrity challenge. For now I'm...blogging off.