- Chuck Muncie died yesterday. He was one of those college heroes of mine. His style was slashing and he was always distinguishable with his athletic glasses inside his helmet. I found it sad to hear of his death, and was surprised to hear he struggled with drug addiction. It goes to show again that we should never put people on a pedestal, as they only tend to let us down when we do
- As I was vacuuming the other day I realized that much of what I was vacuuming up was dead skin. While I was vacuuming, I was also shedding the next layer of my skin in the process, thereby completing the cycle. Cleaning up after myself as I die, so to speak.
- While on a walk with the dog the other day on my iPod came the song Tomorrow, by U2. The next song was Monday Morning by Death Cab For Cutie. The next song was Tomorrow by The Cranberries. And incidentally no, Tomorrow wouldn't have been Monday Morning. It would have been Tuesday. I know not the significance of any of this, I just thought it was a weird coincidence.
- As I walked past a newly fertilized lawn, all I could smell was the freshly laid toxic fertilizer. I wondered if maybe this lungful of toxic spores would come back to haunt me later in life. I tend to think Rachel Carlson (Silent Spring) was more right than wrong.
- I went browsing through an email folder I'd titled "Rob". It had many of the emails he and I shared over the last few months of his life. I shared with him what I called "Memory of the Day. They were just random memories of times I'd had with him. Kind of recalling moments of his life. He said he really enjoyed these emails. Being so far away, I felt like I was like talking to him again. When looking through them, I thought to myself that I need to print these out or get them into a single saved document. They are precious words.
Again, these are kind of mindless thoughts, but are a little bit of what makes up the ringing in my head. I hope to post again on Sunday 5-19.