Because it means so much to me that people took time to buy, read and take a picture, I'd like to answer three questions about each of the people who have sent one in. It will give you a better understanding of some of my friends and family and put the picture in a better context.
The three questions are:
1. How we met or how I know this person
2. How long I've known this person
3. What I admire most about this person.
So in no particular order, here they are.
Kris Nestingen Palm
- We met at AllWriters' Workplace and Workshop.
- Four years.
- Kris has a huge heart for people.
- We are both eLectio authors and met through Twitter.
- Seven months
- Her dedication to her family first, and to her writing second.
- We met through AllWriters' when Dirty Shirt was just an idea.
- Four years.
- Her compassion for those going through rough times.
- Her dad and I work together.
- 18 years
- She made a point of getting Dirty Shirt into her high school's library. Thanks Emily!
- Eric is a GIS map geek colleague who works in Washington County.
- Sixteen+ years
- His sense of humor and friendship.
- She's my niece by my sister Pat.
- Her whole life.
- She loves her kids and she's one of the other GIS geeks in the family.
- She's a grades school friend who I've just reconnected with on Facebook
- About 43 years
- Married her high school sweetheart and they're still happily married.
- We met for the first time on her goat farm
- About 3 weeks.
- Her compassion for all living creatures. (Ask me about the bird rescue sometime.) I also love the fact that her dog ate my book cover. That is Jody's life in a nutshell. :-)
- She's my youngest cousin on my mom's side.
- Her whole life (so as to not give away her age, or mine either.)
- She loves her extended family as much as her own.
Maggie McKasy (Picture of her brother Timmy a minor character in the book)
- Maggie is my step-sister.
- 42 years
- Her rolling laughter. The whole McKasy family loves to laugh. Blessed to have them as family.
- Mark is my brother in-law.
- 25 years.
- Mark is a very gifted actor, vocalist and baker!
- Mary is a cousin on my mom'side. (Lori's sister)
- My whole life
- Mary always says positive things. A great trait to aspire to.
Mary Beth Kitzel
- We met through my wife. MB was a friend of hers from RIT
- 24 years
- MB is a fiercely loyal friend and just got her PhD!
- We met through a men's book discussion group.
- 2 years
- Nick has a wicked sense of humor and a laugh that lights up a room.
- Pat is a boyhood friend from the neighborhood.
- About 43 years.
- Pat looks for and finds the best in people.
Peter Grayson (Also a character in Dirty Shirt)
- Pete and I met in High School
- About 39 years
- When we got back together after years away, we picked right up where we left off. The sign of a good friend.
- Stephanie is my niece by my sister Jane
- Her whole life.
- Stephanie loves family and is a great cousin to my kids!
So, that's a glimpse into some of the Dirty Shirt readers. Like I said, keep those photos coming. Also, if you liked the book, I would love a review on Amazon. Amazon and others take notice of those and every new one helps a little.
Until next time.